How Clean are Hotel Rooms?
Just because a hotel room looks spic-n-span doesn’t necessarily make it so. In fact, research and anecdotes suggest that legitimately clean hotels may be the exception to the rule.
Anyone in the industry knows that hotel cleaning becomes impossible if spend hours scrubbing and spraying down every nook and cranny in the guest’s rooms. That being said, you might be surprised to discover that so-called clean rooms have some dirty secrets. And those secrets are everywhere – hiding on pillows, buried in sheets, strewn across the bathroom counter, even lurking in the glasses that your valued customers drink from.
Knowing how to clean a hotel room is paramount. Uncleanliness in hotel rooms can be pose legitimate threats to the health of your guests. Germs, dirt and mold creep into unseen crevices like air-conditioning but they also hide in plain sight, like on remote controls and telephones. Hotel rooms can be breeding grounds for staph, E.coli (in layman’s terms, feces) and MRA which can be deadly, along with other unsavory and dangerous germs.
Typical hotel cleaning staff are not expertly trained and are not equipped with the tools they need to actually make guest rooms clean. Frequently touched spots like telephones, light switches and faucet knobs host pathogen parties.
Countertops and bathtubs are frequently cleaned with chemicals and only wiped down afterwards. Many times, hotel cleaning staff do the wiping with towels used to wipe toilet seats, sink taps and countertops, making cross-contamination a serious issue.
There are about 4.9 million guest rooms that your potential customers may choose from.
Every year hotel and motel sales rake in an impressive $162 billion. Clearly you will need to set yourself apart from the rest in this fiercely competitive marketplace. Meanwhile, 89% of respondents utilize review sites to research hotels before booking. 66% of these respondents were “partly encouraged” to book based on reviews alone, while 22.3% more were encouraged.
It only takes a handful of guests exposed to dirty, germ ridden rooms to leave bad reviews, and alienate 89% of consumers shopping for rooms.
Finding the Right Hotel Cleaning Team is Difficult
When it comes to cleaning a hotel room, timing is a serious concern. Hotels never close, creating a need to clean at all sorts of hours. Furthermore, guests have a tendency not to check out of hotels at the proper time, meaning that you will have to keep your cleaning crew for longer than planned.
Here’s a tip for hotel room cleaning:
Hotel cleaners need to be trained properly. While thousands of busy guests enjoy hotel amenities, employees have to be conscious of not disturbing the guest experience.
A dependable cleaning crew is hard to find. Turnover rate in the typical housekeeping department is remarkably high. Occupancies are cyclical, meaning that sometimes there are too many staff while other times there aren’t enough.
Hotel Cleaning Services - Interworld Cleaning
We’re here to offer a solution to these problems. We will clean and sanitize your hotel from top to bottom, addressing the following areas:
Hotel Public Spaces:
- All Restrooms - Toilets, grout, floors, mirrors, etc
- Lobby Areas - Picture frames, molding, floor, front desk, doors, etc
- Cafeterias - Picture frames, clean and dust tables, TV, molding
- Outside Grounds - Sidewalk clean of stains, garbage pick up
- Gym - Floor, re-stock towels, dust and clean gym equipment
- Hallways - Vacuum, dust
- Elevators - Polish and Clean
Other hotel areas that we clean include:
- Ground floor windows
- Employee areas
- Parking lot cleaning
- Pressure washing exterior walls
- Hotel and administrative offices
- Lounge areas
- Laundry rooms
- Gift shops
- Upholstery cleaning
Floor Cleaning and Maintenance
- Shampooing carpets using expert techniques
When we care for your hotel floors:
- Cleaning tasks performed are specific to the type of floor
- Thorough training for each task is ingrained in the floor care process
- Tasks performed are performed at a frequency appropriate to floor type and traffic
- Cleaning products used to perform tasks are best suited for the floor type
- The tools used are in excellent working order and are state of the art
How We Clean Hotels
Our hotel cleaning technicians have been expertly trained before they step foot in your establishment. We not only ensure that your hotel is cleaned for aesthetics, we clean for health as well.
We bring our own industry leading equipment to you, and take measures to keep dangerous germs and pathogens in check. For example, our professional commercial-grade disinfectants are more effective than typical cleaning products used in hotels. We also come with color-coded towels to prevent cross contamination.
How to Clean a Hotel Room Checklist:
Guest Rooms Checklist
- Sanitize Telephones
- Remove Cobwebs
- Dust flat surfaces – baseboards, windowsills and kickboards under counters
- Clean high touch areas – light switches, door handles
- Wipe cabinets, appliances and countertops
- Open each window to air out the room
- Spot clean walls with stains
- Clean air conditioner filters
- Dust ceiling fans
- Straighten and dust wall décor
- Drapes vacuumed
- Lamp shades straightened and cleaned
- Clean window panes and tracks
- Straighten and dust furniture
- Chairs, desk tops, dressers, tables and bed head dusted and arranged neatly
- Air and fluff cushions
- Make beds properly
- Mirrors and glass surfaces polished, and cleaned of spots and hand prints
- Sanitize telephone handset and remote
- Vacuum and clean floor
- Sanitize door handle
Guest Bathroom Checklist
- Sanitize and clean bathtubs, shower area
- Clean bathroom walls
- Disinfect toilet
- Disinfect faucets
- Clean shower curtain
- Clean and dust light and other fixtures
- Clean and dust cabinets
- Clean and dust vents
- Clean and dry mats
- Clean and dry floors
- Sanitize doorknobs, clean door
- Deodorize bathroom
Additional One Time Services We Can Perform for Your Hotel
We can beautify your hotel in a number of other ways as well as turning over rooms. We offer professional kitchen cleaning that will leave your cooking station shining, floor stripping and waxing done by experts to leave your floors shining like new, power washing, carpet cleaning and more. If you have just completed post construction cleaning we can help with that as well!
- Kitchen cleaning that sanitizes and cleans your cooking stations leaving employees and customers breathless
- floor stripping and waxing – done with skill and experience. We take the type of floor into account, the amount of traffic each floor gets and much more into account, leaving many floors in “like new” condition
- Professional power washing services to clean the exterior of the building from debris, stains and dirt that will eventually cake on.
- Carpet cleaning by the most skilled professionals on the market.
Beautifying your hotel with these one time services exponentially increases aesthetic appeal, but is also an investment in the life of your building. Many cleaning services, if not attended to correctly, can turn into permanent eyesores or even worse, put the safety and health of your employees and customers at risk.
Go Green Cleaning with Us
Interworld Cleaning uses green cleaning methods whenever possible.
Benefits of Going Green:
Better air quality: Traditional cleaning products have been linked to asthma and are harsh smelling. The green cleaning products we use include pleasant natural essential oils.
Fewer antibacterials: According to the FDA, washing with antibacterial soap is no better than regular soap. In fact, frequent use of antibacterial products promotes bacterial resistance to these cleaning products. Green cleaning products do not contain these agents.
When green cleaning products are used in a hotel, due to the size and occupancy, the benefits exponentially rise.
Make Green with Us
- There are 43 million self-proclaimed “eco-tourists”
- Travelers are willing to pay 8.5% more to green travel providers
- 90% of US travelers would prefer an environmentally conscious hotel over a non-green hotel if they were comparable in cost.
- Use our green cleaning methods in your sales and marketing tools to attract mindful customers
Whether you are looking for a full time housekeeping crew, cleaning technicians to fill in gaps that occur in the hotel housekeeping cycle, or to clean the public areas in your venue, we’ve got you covered. Unlike other cleaning companies, our employees realize that they are the face of your hotel, even though they are working through us.
What You Can Expect with Interworld Cleaning:
- Expertly trained cleaning technicians with practical experience
- Cleaning with top of the line, professional cleaning tools supplied by us
- Personable cleaning technicians that act as an extension to your property
- Supervised cleaning that will be checked for quality
- Dependable service
- Every job, no matter how big or how small will be attacked with gusto