Interworld Cleaning provides residential floor cleaning services for almost any type of surface, and our teams employ a variety of techniques with specialist cleaning equipment to bring back the shine to your floor. Dirt and grit can be crushed into floor surfaces through daily use, leaving scratches and tainting the overall appearance. The floor stripping and waxing services we offer in the Maryland, Washington DC and Baltimore Metro area restores damaged and neglected floors, and protects them from further deterioration.
Floor surfaces can be easily scuffed or soiled when there is a high amount of traffic in certain areas of the home, like the entrance hall or living areas. Interworld Cleaning always aims to have the right tools for any task, and our range of equipment removes scuff marks and nicks from just about any type of floor surface, leaving kitchens and other living areas with a professional shine:
- Vinyl or vinyl composition tiles (VCT’s)
- Ceramic or tiled surfaces
- Cement flooring is left smooth and protected
- Marble buffs up to a brilliant, reflective shine
- The professional way we strip and wax the floors in your home has long-term benefits:
- Floor surfaces last longer after a quality strip and wax, so time between services is extended.
- All surfaces are left with a sparkling gleam, giving a clean and smart impression to family members, friends, guests and other visitors.
- Special techniques and products make the floor slip-resistant, reducing the hazard for families who may have elderly members or children running around.
- Provides a greater protection to the original floor surface. The majority of scratches and nicks will be on the floor finish rather than the actual surface.
THE RANGE OF FLOOR CHEMICALS
The range of floor strippers and finishes we utilize in homes are the finest in the industry, giving exceptional ‘wet-look’ outcomes for every floor. Interworld Cleaning is committed to using these top-grade products for our floor cleaning services, and consider the extra expense for these a fantastic investment for property owners.
We use Reliable floor stripper that is non – ammoniated to break down the original floor stripper which allows scratches, nicks and dirt to be removed, and also cleans corners effectively (which many other companies fail to deliver).
The product works twice as fast as regular strippers, allowing us to get the job done quickly and efficiently. It is not as toxic as other solutions used for stripping, and doesn’t have that pungent chemical smell (butyl) which clings to fabrics around the home and lingers afterwards.
The finish dries very quickly which reduces the time it takes to complete, and is detergent-resistant so it can withstand regular mopping. It resists scuffs and marks so it stays in better condition for longer.
For that extra gleam, we can apply Reliable Floor Finish for a high-end finish to a variety of floor surfaces. Superbly durable for areas of high traffic, the finish is non-yellowing and slip-resistant. Although slightly more costly, usually around $.10 more per sq. ft than Clarion depending on the floor, this luxurious finish can be brought back time and time again through maintenance burnishing. We highly recommend this high-grade finish because it is more cost-effective in the long run, it needs less stripping and waxing and will retain it’s shine for a long period of time
OUR FLOOR CLEANING EQUIPMENT
If we go the extra mile for our stripping and waxing products, you can be assured we do the same for our floor cleaning equipment. Interworld Cleaning has a variety of specialized equipment that gets the job done correctly the first time:
low-speed floor scrubbers; walk – behind floor scrubbers; and industrial propane floor strippers.
In addition to these we aim to complete the task in as least time possible to minimize disruption to your home life, so we use air movers to dry the floor finish faster between the coat applications.
We work around times that are convenient for you, and can complete floor cleaning tasks whenever fits best around your busy home and work schedules – you are guaranteed flexibility. We ensure that areas being cleaned during hours when people are present in the home will be properly marked off to prevent hazards. We do ask that pets are kept out of the area until the strip and wax procedure is complete to avoid any harm
OUR FLOOR STRIPPING AND WAXING SERVICES INCLUDE:
- We dust mop to make sure all loose dirt has been removed and carefully remove any items that are stuck to the floor surface.
- We post Wet Floor signs to advise the public and employees of the potential slipping hazard.
- We prepare the stripping solution according to recommended instructions.
- We apply the stripping solution to small sections of the floor and let it work for about 5-10 minutes depending on the materials involved and the condition of the floor.
- We use an auto scrubber and/or propane strippers with abrasive pads to remove the existing floor finish/sealer.
- We tackle all of the corners manually with specialized tools, so they are clean and left looking great. This is the part where most companies fail to deliver.
- We use the auto scrubber and sometimes a mop to remove the dirty stripping solution and water.
- We damp mop the floor with clean rinse water and allow it to thoroughly dry.
- We finish the process by applying the floor finish appropriate for the surface.