There are two times a year that bring me both...Read More
School Cleaning Definitions to Know:
Sanitizing, Cleaning and Disinfecting are not the same:Cleaning – Removes grime, dirt, dust and some germs. Although cleaning does not kill germs, it lowers their numbers and make it difficult for germs to survive and repopulate, reducing risk of spreading infection. High-touch points, or areas touched frequently by a many people should be thoroughly and constantly cleaned. Tools like microfiber cloths and mops, filtration vacuums and steam cleaning machines make cleaning more effective. Sanitizing – Reduces germs on surfaces to a safe level, decreasing the risk of spreading infection. Sanitizing is done through heat or by using a sanitizing product approved by the EPA. We clean surfaces first, then sanitize to add to its efficiency. Disinfecting – Kills most germs on surfaces. Cleaning should be done first before disinfecting because disinfecting does not leave a surface clean or remove germs.
The Bottom Line – Why it’s Important to Enlist the Help of School Cleaning Services
- Unsanitary conditions attract vermin and insects, and allergens and irritants found in dirt and dust an have a negative impact on the health and performance of your students.
- Indoor air allergens and pollutants associated with poor cleaning practices contribute to increased respiratory and asthma symptoms with both children and adults.
- Regular, thorough cleaning and building maintenance prevents pest problems, minimize irritants and create a healthier learning and working environment for children and staff.
Did you know that due to poor school cleaning twenty two million school days are lost every year to the common cold?When you oversee a school, you aren’t just responsible for the education of your students – you’re also responsible for their safety. Cleaning standards for schools are an integral part of the safety process, protecting students from dangerous viruses and bacteria. Preventing the spread of germs is contingent upon the maintenance of a clean school. Hire excellent school cleaning professionals, and you are setting your students up for success. In addition to cleanliness and removing dangerous germs, air quality is another concern.
The Department of Education informs us that more than 20 percent of public schools in the US report unsatisfactory indoor air quality.
Why Cleaning the School to Preserve Good Air Quality is an A+ Idea
- One study examined students in two rooms – one with greater ventilation and a room that had poor ventilation. The study concluded that classrooms with greater ventilation scored as much as 14-15% higher on standardized tests as opposed to classrooms that didn’t.
- Up to fifty percent of the country’s schools have problems with indoor environmental quality
- Keeping school air clean helps our children learn better and perform at their full potential
- Poor school air quality can exacerbate learning and behavioral disorders
An Excellent School Cleaning Service Can Prevent AbsenteeismWhen a school is clean and healthy indoors and out, absences due to contagious illnesses go down, while teachers call in less as well. School teachers are currently absent on average 5.3 days a year. This poses a problem for our children. Frequent teacher absences can have serious consequences on the quality of education that a student receives over a school year. School Cleaning Saves Money and Improves District Reputation
- Properly cleaned schools will result in teachers calling in sick less. Currently, those 5.3 days a year teachers are absent cost more than $25 million a year with an extra $4 billion spent on substitutes. With a proper cleaning, total absences decrease and the $29 billion can be used for other educational purposes.
- Drop out rates and absenteeism have a direct connection.. Chronically absent students are 7.4 times more likely to drop out of school. Dropout rates taken into account when states issue school district “report cards.” A cleaner school means a decrease in absenteeism, increased graduation rate and higher school ranking.
How to Clean a School? We Know!As school budgets are shrinking, outsourcing school cleaning services boosts your bottom line when you work with us thanks to our professional, accountable, school maintenance. What’s more, in-house custodial work entails high overhead, liability issues, employee turnover and personnel costs. If you need an efficient night cleaning service, or a custodial team on-site, we are proud to provide your school with efficient detailed services tailored to you. The School Cleaning Checklist:
- Kitchen and cafeteria maintenance
- Restroom and locker room sanitation
- Summer deep cleans
- Carpet and floor care
Go Green School Cleaning With Us We are proud to offer green school cleaning – a service that benefits both the environment and your school. Green cleaning plays a necessary role in creating a healthier environment, improving student attendance, attitude, reading, and math scores and teacher retention, according to one study. We carefully select green disinfectants for your school, considering:
- -Potential Health Effects