Moving is both a stressful and exciting time in anyone’s...Read More
Many people find that a good tool to simplify the process of moving is the help of a professional move-in cleaning service. Although “DIY” cleaning can save you some cash, in many cases, hiring a cleanup crew will cost less than the security deposit you would have missed out on. On top of that, professionals probably know how to tackle your moving out cleaning checklist better than you do.
According to recent research, moving into a new property is more stressful than getting a divorce, ending a relationship, or getting a new job. In fact, almost two-thirds of individuals surveyed reported that moving is at the top of their stress list, above any other potentially stressful situation.
Moving is tedious, but it is also inevitable. In fact, the average person will move five times in a lifetime. And surprisingly, the stress of long distance moving can last for more than three months. Undoubtedly, for a life event this stressful, it’s good to plan ahead and use a professional service to simplify the process.
Aside from the moving checklist, you should also put together a moving out cleaning checklist. First of all, it’s important to get your property clean and sanitized before you move all of your personal belongings into a building. And secondly, when it’s time to move out, if you want your security deposit back, you will have to have the property looking as clean as it was the day you moved in.
You can’t really expect a refund if your property isn’t in good shape. In fact, more than a quarter of renters have been denied their security deposits, according to rent.com. And one of the most common reasons for this denial is a simple fact that the property is messy.
Considering Move Out Cleaning? Some Questions to Ask Yourself
What is the landlord expecting?
Some landlords will conduct a routine professional cleaning in between tenants regardless. On the other hand, others may expect the property to be ready for new tenants immediately. If your landlord isn’t expecting much, a few hours of hard labor might suffice. However, if your property is getting a “white glove inspection”, it might be best to hire professional cleaners to help you cross off the moving out cleaning checklist.
What are your time constraints?
It is usually best to do the move out cleaning when the property is completely empty. On top of that, it can take up to a full day or more, depending on how big and dirty your commercial or residential property is. If you have the hours to put towards cleaning your old property and then cleaning the new one, opting to DIY can save you cash. However, if you simply don’t have the time, consider calling a professional moving cleaning service.
Do you enjoy cleaning?
Moving cleaning crews will have the know-how, equipment, and supplies to take on your move out cleaning. But if you already possess these assets, you may not have an issue getting the work done yourself.
Commercial Moving Cleaning Services
Moving into a residence is difficult, but not as time-consuming and stressful as a commercial move. To put things into perspective: the average weight of items moved in one household move is about 6000 pounds – the weight of an average-sized elephant. On the other hand, a commercial move can approach two, even three elephants.
If you have determined that you’d like professional help with commercial moving cleaning, here is how to find the ideal cleaning company for you:
Do Your Research
The average cleaning company loses up to 55% of its total customer base every year because of a lack of service quality or simple non-performance. For this reason, in your search for a commercial moving cleaning company, look for businesses with a good reputation. For starters, look into trusted review sites, check with the BBB, and ask friends and family for suggestions. To put it simply, do everything you can to ensure you find professionals that can tackle your moving in cleaning checklist.
Tell the company you are getting a quote from what you need them to clean, any problem areas, and the square footage of your property. Also, there are certain questions you should ask the company representative. Firstly, how many cleaners they will send at a time. Secondly, ask how long they believe it will take. And lastly, what time of day the cleaners would arrive.
Find Out What Supplies They Use to Clean
It’s not enough to just find a company that will follow your moving in cleaning checklist. If you can, try to also choose a company that uses green cleaning agents over traditional ones. Commercial property renters should remember that using fewer toxic substances in the area reduces the risk of injury and damage. To be precise, the chemicals found in caustic cleaning products can trigger breathing problems, nausea, headaches, and other ailments. Consequently, these can lead to less productivity and more missed workdays. On the other hand, by choosing a company that uses less toxic cleaners, you are doing your part to improve the air quality tenfold.
Move In and Move Out Cleaning Services – Commercial Facilities That We Clean
- General Offices
- Multi-Tenant Facilities
- Churches and Religious Facilities
- Auto Dealerships
- Accountant and Insurance Offices
- Medical Offices and Hospitals
- Fitness Centers
- Property Managed Buildings
- Manufacturing Plants and Warehouses
- Childcare and Elderly Care Facilities
- Shopping Malls and Strip Malls
Commercial Services include but aren’t limited to:
- High dusting
- Mopping and sweeping hard floor areas
- Maintaining and cleaning front entrance areas
- Thoroughly sanitizing and cleaning restrooms
- Thoroughly dusting horizontal surfaces
- Sanitizing and cleaning the kitchen
- Emptying and recycling trash receptacles
- Cleaning the exterior and interior of windows
- Construction clean-ups
- Initial or final cleanup
- Carpet cleaning program
- Environmentally-friendly cleaning solutions
- Pressure washing
- Waxing, power scrubbing, buffing, stripping
Our Typical Clients Are:
- Business owners moving out of a commercial property
- New business owners buying a facility for the first time
- Companies moving from an old property to a new one
Move in House Cleaning and Move Out Cleaning – Residential Services
Although residential properties are typically smaller than the average commercial unit, having a clean property to move into and getting your security deposit back are just as important. For that purpose, here are some of the residential moving cleaning services we provide:
For the bathroom:
- Disinfecting, cleaning, and shining shower walls, tubs, sinks, faucets, and countertops
- Cleaning vanity lights
- Cleaning, shining, and disinfecting the outside and inside of the toilet bowl
- Shining and cleaning mirrors
- Cleaning cabinet doors and handles, as well as inside the cabinets
For the kitchen:
- Cleaning, shining, and disinfecting sinks and faucets
- Wiping and cleaning the backsplash and countertops
- Cleaning inside and outside cabinets and drawers
- Cleaning the outside of large appliances, as well as inside the microwave, refrigerator, and oven
- Sweeping and mopping hard surface floors and vacuuming carpets and rugs
- Cleaning interior glass, blinds, baseboards, and ledges
For the Bedroom and Common Living Areas:
- Dusting the ceiling fans, light fixtures, and cobwebs
- Dusting and cleaning the blinds
- Cleaning interior glass – windows, mirrors, doors, etc.
- Cleaning trim work, molding, light switches, and outlet covers
- Dusting the intake vents and air return vents
- Sweeping and mopping hard surface floors, vacuuming carpets and rugs
Moving Cleaning – What to Expect from Interworld Cleaning Services
- We have a thorough screening process for each employee we hire.
- The training programs we use for all of our professional cleaners are high-level and time-tested.
- We are bonded, licensed, and insured.
- We have exceptional customer reviews. The proof is in the pudding!
How You Can Expect Us to Work
- A supervisor will be onsite
- Free, no-obligation quote
- Work in teams for efficiency
- We bring all equipment and supplies to you
What Sets Us Apart
Select and Customize with us
Pick and choose which cleaning package works best for your home or business, and your bottom line. But that’s not all! Do you, for example, need to dust ceiling fans, sills, ledges, bulbs, and baseboards but aren’t keen on cleaning floors? No problem! If our move in/move out cleaning package doesn’t suit your needs 100%, you always have the option of customizing your own personal package (at an extra cost).
Let Us Work Around Your Schedule
We want to ensure that your day-to-day business isn’t affected. For that reason, we offer services around the clock. And do you have a general contractor or property manager with time constraints? We’ll work with them, too, to ensure you get the schedule that suits your business or personal needs best.
Here at Interworld Cleaning, we believe that moving doesn’t have to be quite as stressful. On the contrary, with the correct tools and resources, you can simplify the process. And we’d like to help you do just that. Contact us today for a free quote.